WordStart is in search of a rockstar to join us, someone who can close deals and get large companies signing new campaigns. If Glengarry Glen Ross’s “coffee is for closers!” grabs you half as much as it does us, then you may be the person we are looking for.
We are a word of mouth startup, with a growing community of young upwardly mobile and savvy South Africans. We get cool brands and products talked about by influencers, through blogs and social media platforms. We also track and measure conversations for our clients.
We recently WordStarted Gareth Cliff’s book, which reached over 105 000 people through conversation and became a bestseller in 2011.
What we have
In the first year, we developed the business from an idea, to an early stage startup that is still at proof of concept. Now we are working on growth and that’s where you come in.
As part of our team you get:
- Social media and campaign strategy.
- Access to a network of early adopters and influencers.
- Awesome internal campaigns that connect you with some of the coolest experiences ever.
- Exposure through popular and industry specific platforms.
- A constant flow of campaign ideas.
We are in search of a sales director who will be involved in early campaign ideation, setup our sales management and create new networks.
Stuff you need to know before taking the leap:
The first prize for us is the ability to learn and adapt rapidly.
- You will facilitate access to networks, clients and agencies to collaborate with.
- Sell campaign ideas and pitch for new business.
- You need to think on your feet and be able to brainstorm campaign ideas.
- Manage deal flow for new and existing campaigns.
- You have basic social media knowledge.
- Someone who can confidently ask for the dough.
Does this sound like sound like you, or someone you know? If so, make that call. Put that coffee down!